Monday, January 31, 2011

Crock Pot Rosemary Chicken

Rosemary Chicken in the Crock Pot with Veggies is one of my favorite dishes.  My day started off pretty early today with Spin class, clients and a lot of errands to run.  I knew I would be way too tired to cook tonight.  That is the beauty of the crock pot!  You  toss everything in before work and by the time you come home dinner is ready and your house smells delicious! 

Crock Pot Rosemary Chicken:
1 free Range Organic young Chicken
1 cup low sodium free range organic chicken broth
1\4 cup fresh rosemary
sea salt and pepper
1 bunch of leeks or 1 whole onion chopped

Turn  Crock Pot on Medium heat or 5 hours depending on your crock pot.  Place chicken in the pot, pour over the broth and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.  Add Leeks or Onion.  Let cook for 5 hours.
When I first get home I like to add some vegetables in with the chicken. Let them cook for about 1 hour.   The heat will steam them and give a nice flavor from the seasonings.  This time I did parsnips (very high and fiber and folate), 1 sweet potato cut in to cubes, and broccoli (for the last 20 min so it doesn't become mushy).  Root vegetables are in season right now, so any are wonderful to add!  






No comments:

Post a Comment