Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Roasted Tilapia with Baby Potatoes

Fish is on of the top 5 power proteins.  Each servings provides 23 grams of easy to digest protein as well as omegas -3s EPA and DHA.  You want to try to eat three 4-5oz servings of fish weekly. 

This recipe only takes about 20 to prepare and is wonderful for those who don't like "fishy" fish.  My husband normally doesn't care for tilapia, but LOVED this dish!

Makes 4 servings.
1 lb baby potatoes, halved
1 lemon thinly sliced
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 tilapia fillets
1\2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 red pepper chopped
1 tbsp. capers
1\2 tsp. paprika

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large baking dish, toss potatoes with lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer.  Put into oven roast, tossing once about 20 min. Season fish with paprika and tuck into potato mixture.  Bake for 10 min. Toss olives, red pepper, and capers into the mix.  Continue to bake another 15 min. or until fish is opaque and potatoes are golden brown.  I like to always have something green at every meal, so I had a side of mixed veggies with this dish. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen - it's Katie from Bakersfield. not sure if you remember me - I think you were like, 10, the last time I saw you! :) anyhow, my mom sent me your blog - I'll have to try some of your recipes! Congratulations on the baby, BTW! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! Of coarse I remember you! So good to hear form you! Thanks for the congratulations:) I'm due in August. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete