Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tilapia

I try to eat fish at least twice a week.  Tilapia is one of my favorites!  Its low in calories and fat but high in good quality protein! Try this meal on a busy night.  It literally takes no time and is so easy. 


Step 1. squeeze 1 lemon or lime ( I use whatever I have in the house) and a little olive oil over the fish filets.  Season with sea salt, pepper, and paprika. 
Step 2.  Steam green beans ( I like the organic ones that already are cut and cleaned in the bag...saves time). When the beans are done stain the water out and put back in pot.  sprinkle some slivered almonds and blue cheese crumbles on top of the beans.  Cover with a lid to let the blue cheese melt and keep the beans warm. 
Step 3.  Cook couscous as directed.   With this meal I used whole wheat pearled couscous.  Instead of water I use free range chicken broth...it adds a little more flavor.  If you have never tried pearled couscous  (also called Israeli couscous)  I highly recommend you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment