Monday, March 21, 2011

Break out the Grill!

Grilling Season....I love it! I don't eat Pork very often, but when I do I like to buy an organic  pork chop with the bone in .  The bone in gives it a little more flavor and taste great on the grill. Like everything I make, I  make extras for leftovers the next night or lunch.  This makes it so much easier on busy nights when you really don't feel like doing much of anything after work and will keep you from ordering out!
Grilled Pork Chops
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, smoked Paprika, Cumin, Sea Salt and Pepper ( I never measure just make sure there is enough to cover both sides).  Rub on each side of the chops.  Grill each side about 10 min.  or no longer pink in the center.  I like mine a little burnt on the outside:)

Tonight I made sweet potatoe fries and green beans to go along with our Pork Chops.  Sweet potatoes are a power food and I believe should be eaten at least once a week.  There are many different ways to eat them.  My favorite is to cut in the shape of fries, toss in a freezer bag with a little olive oil, season salt, and bake on a baking dish for 1 hour at 400 degrees.  DELISH!

 For the Green Beans simply steam with a little low sodium free range chicken broth, Season with Oregano and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment